- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Rent a motorcycle – arrive in Cluj-Napoca, a city located in the heart of Transylvania, the land of Vlad The Impaler. From here, travel to our rental office in Turda and pick up the BMW G 650 GS motorcycle. We deliver the motorbikes clean and with a full tank and we require you to return them in the same state. We recommend mountain roads where you can discover spectacular views.
Rent a Motorcycle – BMW G 650 GS
Engine: four stroke, single cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder
Capacity: 652 cc/39.8 cub.in.
Cooling: liquid cooled
Induction: Fuel induction
Transmission: 5 speed
Seat height: 860 mm to 900 mm/ 33.9 in. to 35.4 in.
Consumption average: 4.7 l/100 km
Rent a Motorcycle – BMW G 650 GS
Early Booking Special Offer available for bookings until July 30 – 2020!
We accept MasterCard and Visa on our on-line secure internet payment form, MasterCard, Visa via fax and phone.
We also accept payments by bank transfer and most noteworthy Western Union.
Click here to see our Reservations page for more details.
I’m seriously considering booking motorcycle rental services
Rent a Motorcycle – Terms
- Rent a Motorcycle – BMW G 650 GS – a day of rental equals a calendar day, rental hours: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday (and Saturday in low season). Pick-up the motorbike or drop it off out of the business hours will cost € 20.
- Should the motorbike be returned prior to the end of the programme as stipulated in the contract, no refunds can be made.
- A valid driving licence for the rented bike will be requested at the pick-up.
- The motor bike will be delivered to the hirer with a full tank of fuel, clean and in perfect state of functioning without any visible external defects. The renter will return the bike in the same conditions along with its documents and accessories, at the end of the programme, at the time and place stipulated by the contract.
- The loss of tools/documents/ accessories will be charged with the amount of Euro 100. Should the hirer return the bike unclean, the cost of the cleaning services will be applied.
- Should the hirer return the vehicle with an empty tank the refuelling service: € 12 plus fuel cost will be charged.
- Pick up and redelivering with more than 1 hour of delay will be charged with the cost of 1 day of rental
All traffic infringement are the responsibility of the hirer.
Rent A Motorcycle – BMW G 650 GS
Minimum age for rentals
For all the bikes, the minimum age required is 21 years old. The client must hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license.
Cancellation of Rental Contract by the Client before departure
The client is at all time entitled to cancel the Rental Contract, but must pay Adventure Motorcycle Tours a cancellation charge as stipulated below:
- 61 days or more prior to departure 90 EURO per person / rental cancellation fee
- 60 – 41 days, loss of deposit
- 40 – 31 days will be subject to 50% of rental price
- 30 days or less will be subject to 100% of rental price
Rent a Motorcycle – Motorcycle booking request
Rent A Motorcycle – BMW G 650 GS
- Enjoy the traditional food and drinks. Once you realize the price of good beer and wine you will probably not want to return to your country.
- The Medieval city of Brasov is well known not only for its important tourist attractions, the beauty of the landscape but also, for the night life opportunities: lively pubs, discotheques, excellent restaurants.
- Make friends – plenty of English is spoken and you will find that people are friendly and open.
Ride Romania – it is easy!
- No visa is required and you can get a green card extension insurance from your insurer to cover Romania.
Advice for European people traveling abroad
Check what travel documents you’ll need to cross the border into another EU country and rent a motorcycle.
Find out what documents you need for your spouse, children or other relatives if they are not EU nationals.
When travelling to or from a non-Schengen country, like Romania, you must show a valid ID or passport. Before travelling, check what documents you must have to travel outside your home country and to enter the non-Schengen country you plan to visit.
Rent a Motorcycle – Documents for minors travelling in the EU
In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), if Romanian minors are travelling accompanied only by an adult other than their parents/legal guardian(s), they must have written consent to travel signed by both parents and/or legal guardian(s) and certified by a notary.
This consent must state:
- the itinerary
- the dates of the journey
- the identification of the accompanying adult
The accompanying adult must present:
- the above mentioned consent signed by both parents
- an extract of their own judicial record
- if applicable, the documents proving the quality of the person (e.g. a flight attendant) designated by the transport company
If they are travelling with one of their parents, they must show written consent (certified by a notary) from the other parent allowing them to leave the country. This consent is not necessary if the accompanying parent can prove:
- that custody of the minor was granted by a court
- that the other parent is deceased
- that the other parent has been declared as missing or their parental rights have been revoked
Minors can leave Romania without presenting the declaration, even where there is no consent from either of the parents or the legal guardian, if:
- the minor Romanian citizen moves to his / her residence to the country of destination
- the accompanying adult justifies the need for the trip by the fact that the minor is to receive medical treatment which is not possible in Romania and without which his/her life or health would be in serious danger. This must be backed up by documentary evidence, either issued or endorsed by the Romanian medical authorities, stating the time period and state(s) where the treatment is to take place.
- the accompanying adult justifies the need for the trip by the fact that the minor is travelling for educational purposes or to participate in an official competition. This must be backed up by documentary evidence stating the time period and the state(s) where the minor will study or compete.
Other than their own valid travel document, no particular extra official authorization is required for minors of other EU countries to enter Romania.
Package travel and linked travel arrangements
As a holidaymaker booking a package holiday and/or linked travel arrangements, you benefit from a high level of consumer protection under EU rules. If you buy a package, you have well-defined rights before and throughout the booking process, and up until your holiday ends, for example the right to pre-contractual information, the organiser’s liability for the proper performance of travel services included in your package and insolvency protection. These rights apply to packages purchased online or face-to-face, from a tour operator, travel agent, or any other trader that is acting as the organiser of the package.
Package travel – different types of packages give you the same rights
When you book a package holiday, you buy a combination of two or more different types of travel services for the same trip or holiday. These services can include transport, accommodation, car hire, or under specific conditions any other tourist service. Your package may be pre-arranged – consisting of a number of services combined by a tour operator or travel agent – or you may have a more customised package by choosing the services yourself before the contract is concluded. In both cases, EU rules apply as long as your travel package was purchased in a certain way.
What is package travel?
Your travel is considered as a package when:
1. You book travel services put together by or with the help of a trader, such as a tour operator or an online or offline travel agency under a single contract
2. You book travel services under separate contracts with individual providers and one of the following conditions is met:
you buy services at a single point of sale (such as a travel agency, a call centre or a website) and you select the services before agreeing to pay, i.e. before you conclude the first contract. This is the case, for example, where different travel services are put into a shopping basket or are otherwise selected before a contract is concluded.
- the services are sold to you at an inclusive or total price
- the services were advertised/sold as a “package” or similar
- travel services are combined after the conclusion of a contract under which you are entitled to choose from a selection of different travel services, for example a travel package gift box
Click-through package: you buy services from separate travel companies through a linked online booking process where the first company transmits your name, email address and payment details to the second company and the second contract is concluded within 24 hours of the first contract
A combination of a travel service, such as accommodation, and another tourist service, such as a guided tour, admission to a concert or sports event, or rental of sports equipment, can only be classed as a package if the other tourist service accounts for 25% or more of the overall value of the trip, or if that service is an essential feature of the trip.
Package travel – your right to clear and accurate information
Before you book a package, the point of sale (booking website or app for example) or your travel agent must give you all the standard information about the package, such as the:
- travel destination (itinerary, dates and duration of the stay, details of any transfers, visits or excursions) and a list of services included
- name and contact details of the organiser of the package and, where it is sold through a retailer, of the retailer
- total price, inclusive of all taxes and where applicable all additional fees, and the payment arrangements
- information on how to terminate the contract before the start of the package on payment of an appropriate termination fee
Information on passport and visa requirements
Information on complaint-handling procedures, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms and, where appropriate, the ADR entity, and the online dispute resolution platform
You should also receive clear information on your rights, based on an EU standardised form, explaining that you have been offered a package and outlining your rights.
Package travel – changes to or termination of the contract
Price increase: The organiser may increase the price of the package only if specific costs rise (for example, fuel prices). This must be clearly explained in the contract and cannot be applied any later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the total price of the package, you have the right to end the package contract without a termination fee.
If you cannot travel you may:
- Transfer the package to another person: under certain conditions, you can transfer your package to another person, although you can be charged a reasonable fee for this, up to the actual cost incurred by the organiser to transfer your package travel contract.
- Terminate the contract: the organiser may however deduct a reasonable fee from your refund, depending, in particular, on the timing of your cancellation.
These rights are independent of any rights you may have under a cancellation insurance policy that you have taken out.
Cancellation by the organiser: Under normal conditions, if the organiser cancels the sale before the start of your package, you are entitled to a refund and compensation, where appropriate.
Cancellation in exceptional circumstances: If a natural disaster occurs or if there are serious security problems at your holiday destination that are likely to affect the package, the organiser may cancel the package. As a traveller, you are also free to cancel your package free of charge for the same reasons. In these cases, you are entitled to a full refund of any payments you’ve made but you are not entitled to additional compensation.
Package travel – liability for proper performance of travel services
The organiser is responsible for the proper performance of all travel services included in your package.
If a travel service can’t be provided as agreed, for example if a provider can’t carry out an agreed service or can’t do so in the agreed form (such as providing transport to or from your destination, providing the agreed type of accommodation, or carrying out a guided tour that you booked), the organiser has to resolve the problem at no extra cost to you.
If it is impossible to make alternative arrangements or you reject the arrangements offered to you on valid grounds, and the package includes your transport (such as air travel), the organiser must offer to repatriate you. If the travel services do not reach the agreed standards and this cannot be resolved on the spot, you may also be entitled to compensation.
Package travel – assistance to travellers
If you get into difficulty during your package holiday, for example if you have health problems or lose your passport, the organiser has to give you assistance, such as information on health services or on consular assistance, and should help you find alternative travel arrangements if necessary.
Liability for booking errors
These rules apply to packages and LTAs.
When you book a holiday, the responsible trader (the travel agent or online travel agency) is liable if any of the following occurs during the booking process:
- technical defects in the booking system
- errors made by the retailer if they are responsible for arranging the booking of a package or of travel services which are part of linked travel arrangements
- Traders are not responsible for any booking errors made by you, or problems which are deemed unavoidable or are due to extraordinary circumstances.
Protection in case of bankruptcy
These rules apply to package travel and LTAs.
If the trader you booked your holiday with goes bankrupt, you are protected by insolvency protection. This can be a fund, an insurance or any other mechanism in place in your EU country. This will refund any payments you may have made and will, if required, repatriate you if transport was included in your package
Learn more on the official European Union site
The motorcycle rental services give you the freedom you need to ride at your own pace.
There is no set itinerary, just you, a map and the open road.
Recommendations are available at the office. The staff will be very happy to give you information on the Best roads to Ride.
Romania in general and Transylvania in particular offers some great winding motorcycle roads, great views and a good selection of hotels and restaurants.
Price including mentions:
All prices include use of BMW G 650 GS, 2012-2013 model, tank bag, top box.
Should you wish us to remove something, please state your preferences in the booking form.
• Use of a BMW G 650 GS motorcycle model
• Unlimited mileage
• 24 hours support
• Free storage for excessive luggage
• The compulsory insurance against civil liability (third party liability)
• Pillion friendly, no charge for passenger
• modem USB for internet free of charge (depending of availability)
• A deposit of € 500/motorcycle in cash or by credit card will be required for motorbike damage security or loss of accessories. The amount will be refunded at the end of the programme should the bike be returned on time, undamaged and with a full fuel tank.
It is recommended to purchase a travel insurance policy specially designed for adventure holidays.
• Return Airport transfers by car from Cluj or Targu Mures Airport (45-60 minutes/transfer) to the garage to collect the motorcycle.
– One way transfer: Euro 35
– Return transfer: Euro 60
• CASCO insurance (comprehensive insurance – providing full coverage in case of accident) about €20/rental day
• GPS and motorcycle gear also available for rent at an extra cost.
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
Reservations are required. We recommend booking early as tours are often sold out well in advance. You can make a reservations on-line. In case of making reservations by phone please call toll-free: 808 101 6781 (UK); 866 376 6183 (US). You can also make reservations by fax - download and complete the booking form and send it by fax to: 0040-364-405641 or by e-mail!
We require an advance deposit in the amount of Euro 145/person. When you make the reservation online you will be required to pay the deposit. You will receive an automatic response with your Holiday Booking Reference. Once the advance deposit is registered with our accounts we proceed with the reservation for the requested services and issue the Confirmation Letter + Paid Invoice.
The final payment is due 60 days prior departure. ( After the final payment is made we will issue Travel Voucher). Should the booking be made within 60 days prior to tour departure, entire tour cost is requested at the time of booking. To read Transylvania Live’s Terms and Conditions, please visit us on line at: https://visit-transylvania.eu/terms.html .
The client is at all time entitled to cancel the Travel Contract, but must pay Transylvania Live - Expert in Transylvania a cancellation charge as stipulated below: 89 days or more prior to departure 90 EURO per person / per tour cancellation fee; 88–61 days, loss of deposit. 60–31 days will be subject to 50% of tour price; 30 days or less will be subject to 100% of tour price.
Please check with the airline company for limitations. Anyway is good to pack light, some of the hotels – historical buildings do not have elevators.
Our tours include the services of English-speaking guides. Other languages speaking guides are also available.
We can design an itinerary at a time that suits you, to your own comfort levels and within your own budget. Please send your request by e-mail.
Most of our tours operate with minimum 2 persons, especially private tours. Please check the information for every listed tour on our website for the minimum required number of persons.
The tour has a general audience as it targets people interested in history, culture, customs and beliefs. Group size can be between 4-26 people. Transylvania Live is member of the responsible travel network and we are committed to operating a travel policy that is supportive of local economies, cultures and the environment. We operate our tours with small groups in order to minimise the negative impact on the environment and allow our guests to interact more easily with the locals, facilitate the communication with the guide. The average age of group is, most of the time, between 35-45.
We do not provide individual tickets for rail, air, boat or ferry.
A minimum age of 8 years is required on non-family programs, unless otherwise indicated on the individual tour page. A client under 18 years of age and travelling alone during the tour period shall provide Transylvania Live with written consent of his/her guardian. Clients under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
We only accept VISA and MasterCard. Please select only these two types of credit cards for the online payment.
If you pay on-line using our secure internet booking form your credit card can hold any type of currency, the amount of money to be taken will be exchanged in EURO by your bank at their rate. We accept USD and EURO for offline credit card payment and wire transfer.
Yes, we do offer discounts provided they travel as a group. Contact us!
Yes, depending on the number of your group. Contact us
On-line bookings and payments are processed by Romcard, authorized agent for Mastercard and Visa in Romania and secured by Rapid SSL , the leading secure sockets layer (SSL) Certificate Authority enabling secure e-commerce and communications for Web sites. As a tour operator we are governed by the consumer and financial regulations of Romania and of the European Union. Romania’s legislation compels tour operators to protect tourists in case of insolvency.
Our prices include the online secure payment commissions. However depending on your bank some commissions may occur for international money transfer. Please check with your bank!
In case we’ll have a full house situation at one of the hotels, an accommodation of an equal classification or better will be booked for you. In case of closed roads due to bad weather, working situations or dangerous weather conditions the itinerary could suffer changes.
In the unfortunate case of a flight being lost or delayed and prevent you in this way from getting to your meting point in good time, please call 0040 723 565 255 or send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our tour fares are based on two in one hotel room. For occupancy by one person, the "single supplement" cost specified in each itinerary will be required.
If you travel alone you have to book the tour with a single supplement; if you wish to book a double room which you want to share with another traveller, we’ll do our best to make all arrangements, but in case this is not possible, you’ll have to pay the single supplement; however it is our strongest recommendation to book the tour with a single supplement when travelling alone.
Yes, also gluten-free, vegan. When you make the reservation of your tour please do not forget to fill in this information at Dietary Restrictions section.
To check the list of the countries that require a visa please see the web page of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2035
Romanian currency is Lei (written symbol Ron). All the places in Romania trade lei (pronunciation: lay). You can bring some of the local currency from USA or you can change here the amount of money you need (advisable due to the lower exchange rate). Credit cards are accepted in large hotels, restaurants and malls. ATM machines are available at banks, airports and shopping centers all over the country. (except in remote areas or villages). Foreign currencies may be exchanged at banks or authorized exchange offices. International airports and larger hotels also offer currency exchange services. The tour guide is also responsible for helping clients with money exchange; recommend the exchange offices which charge the lowest commission.
Local Costs in a 3* restaurant: Soft Drink: $1.3 ; Beer: $1.7; Bottle of Wine: $10 - $18, 3 course dinner: $15 - $ 20. In shops these products can be 50% cheaper.
ATMs are available in all the cities; near by hotels, our guide will come with good advice and recommendations.
In Romania electric power in use is of 220 voltages, AC, usually 2 pronged.
Romania enjoys warm summers and cold winters. In summer, cool cottons are best and in the winter a warm jacket or alike is recommended. Autumn is dry and cool, with fields and trees producing beautifully colored foliage. The weather in October-November is very unpredictable, with daytime temperatures between 6°-17° Celsius (42.80 - 62.60 Fahrenheit), and night time temperatures between 3° - 10°Celsius (37.40 - 50 Fahrenheit); but it is very much possible that you will see some snowfall especially in the mountain areas.
Romanian time is EET (Eastern European Time, two hours ahead of GMT, seven hours ahead of New York and ten hours ahead of Los Angeles. Check right now what time is in Bucharest, the capital city of Romania: https://time.is/Bucharest
The dress code in Romania is the same as all over Europe (think France, Germany, UK or Italy). Wearing jeans, t-shirts/sweatshirts and athletic shoes is standard casual in Romanian. Plenty of designers’ shops are to be found in major cities: Bucharest, Cluj, Brasov, Sibiu, where people are more pretentious when it comes to their outfits. Dorobanti Boulevard in Bucharest can easily be compared to Champs Elysees in Paris when it comes to “fashionists” (costs are similar too). The malls are well supplied with designers’ clothes and with respect to the prices, a great deal of our clients found the Romanian costs to be more acceptable than the ones in US. With regards to the restaurants’ dress code, something casual is sufficient. You can wear whatever you would wear at home. To satisfy dress codes for churches and monasteries, men and women are requested to cover their arms and legs (no shorts above the knees or sleeveless garments).
The motorcycles are to be collected from our Motorcycle Rental Shop in Turda (40 km away from Cluj Napoca, 31A Razboieni Street, city of Turda). Return transfer from Cluj Napoca or Targu Mures Airports to the garage in Turda available on request for an additional charge.
Transfer from Cluj Napoca (or Targu Mures Airport) to Turda available at an extra cost
1 transfer: EURO 35
Return transfer: EURO 60
Transfers from other airports available on request.
Please let us know in advance should you require these services.
Every Adventure Motorcycle Tours rental includes:
– use of BMW R1200 GS, BMW F800GS, BMW F850GS or BMW G650 GS (single) motorcycles.
– The motorbikes are endowed with top case. Side cases available for rent at an extra cost.
– The Third party Liability in respect of motor vehicles is provided (which is the Compulsory Insurance against Civil liability).
– Unlimited mileage
– Chain lock or disk lock
– All of our motorcycles are passenger friendly. Pillion (passenger) free of charge
– Secure storage for your luggage for the rented period
Extra cost side bags:
2-3 days: EURO 20/day
4-6 days: EURO 17/day
7 – 14 days: EURO 14/day
Over 14 days: EURO 11/day
– Helmets available for rent (although we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort)
– CASCO insurance (comprehensive insurance providing full coverage in case of accident) - 20 € /rental day/motorcycle – A cash deposit of €500 for BMW G650GS or € 1500 for BMW F800GS and BMW 1200GS will be required for bike damage security or loss of accessories. The amount will be refunded at the end of the programme should the bike be returned on time, undamaged and with a full fuel tank.
It is recommended to purchase a travel insurance policy specially designed for adventure holidays.
At an additional cost services of support car and driver/mechanic are available. The mechanic will accompany you in order to ensure the motorcycle service and the security checks and to intervene in case of emergency.
Mechanic services: 90 EURO/day + accommodation and meals
Support car following you on your itinerary: 569 EURO/week + gasoline and parking fees
The support car will be driven by the mechanic. For some sectors pillions could travel in the support car, depending on pillions number and seats available.
A day of rental equals a calendar day, rental hours: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday, (and Saturday in low season).
The motor bike will be delivered to the hirer with a full tank of fuel, clean and in perfect state of functioning. The renter will return the bike in the same conditions along with its documents and accessories, at the end of the programme, at the time and place stipulated by the contract.
Vehicles returned with a less than full gas tank will be subject to a refueling charge. (€ 12 plus fuel cost will be charged.) Should the hirer return the bike unclean, the cost of the cleaning services will be applied.
The loss of tools/documents/ accessories will be also charged.
Yes, every motorcycle has a safety and mechanical inspection prior to every rental. We have trained technicians on premises. All motorcycles are maintained to manufacturers' specifications and our technicians are very well acquainted with all rented bikes. Your safety is our #1 priority.
Every renter is provided with an emergency telephone number at pick-up. In case of a mechanical breakdown our staff will arrange for towing to Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location or repair facility.
For all the bikes, the minimum age required is 21 years old. The client must hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license and a minimum 1 year of riding experience. The passenger must be over 14 years of age.
You must have a valid motorcycle license to rent a motorcycle from Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live. The license from your country is sufficient - you don't have to get an international drivers license.
GPS Garmin Zumo 350LM series are available for rental. Price depends on the number of days of rental.
2-3 days – EURO 18/day
4-6 days – EURO 16/day
7-14 days – EURO 13/day
Over 14 days – EURO 10/day
All models have power outlets built into the fairing that allow you to plug in your Global Positioning Unit.
Certain vehicles provide for lockable storage.
Rented motorcycles are permitted across the Romanian borders as long as the Motorcycle is returned to Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s rental location. However, Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s approval is compulsory. Please mention this request on the booking form.
Yes, Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location offers free, safe and secure storage of your luggage and personal items during your rental.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live can provide you with a side-car motorcycle on request. Please contact us for more details.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live has a good selection of helmets, gloves or rain suites for rent. Please note that the rental of these accessories depends upon availability. However we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort.
2-3 days – EURO 10 /day
4-6 days – EURO 8/ day
7-14 days – EURO 6/day
Over 14 days – EURO 5/day
Yes, for your own safety, and per Romanian law, both you and your passenger are required to wear a certified helmet at all times when you ride our motorcycle.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live has started in 1995 and continues to be closely managed by the founder.
Beginners should start with an entry level motorbike. BMW G 650 GS is the perfect choice.