Join us and have fun at the best Romania Tours. Explore our country and discover the best cultural and historical places, as well as the most important Dracula related attractions. We organize a wide range of itineraries, from 1-Day City Breaks to the Awarded 7-Days Itineraries.
Navigate this article
|Best Romania Tours – Visit the land of Dracula!|
|Is it safe to visit Romania?|
|Prices for the best Romania Tours|
|How many days do you need in Romania?|
|Romania Tours – Videos|
Best Romania Tours – Visit the land of Dracula!
7-Days Vampire Tour in Transylvania
Our 7-Days itineraries include the best attractions our country has to offer as well as a series of fun special events. The Vampire edition runs on a weekly basis, between May and October. Your experienced English speaking guide collects you from Bucharest. Visit Snagov Monastery and find out if Dracula is actually buried there. Climb to the top of Poienari, Vlad the Impaler’s fortress in the mountains, and admire the amazing views.
Other highlights include the Medieval Saxon City of Sibiu with its famous Bridge of Lies or Corvinesti Castle in Hunedoara. You will also visit Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, the iconic Bran Castle (also known as Dracula’s Castle), the Royal Peles Palace and the unique Turda Salt Mine.
While in Turda, you will also attend a special event: the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead. Help us free an unfortunate soul from the evil ‘strigoi’ and then join our team for a fun Evening Sitting.
Romania Tours – 3-Days Halloween Short Break
Our 3-Days Halloween tours focus on the best parties in Transylvania. Depart from Bucharest or Cluj-Napoca. Arrive in Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, discover impressive attractions such as the Clock Tower History Museum and attend our Halloween Party. Enjoy a delicious festive dinner complemented by a fun schedule including a stunning magic show, an impressive ballet performance and our Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead.
The next morning, travel to Bran Village. Accommodate in a hotel located in the vicinity of the popular Dracula’s Castle. In the evening, join our organized group at the entrance and take advantage of our skip the ticket office line service. Go on a unique night tour of Bran Castle and then party till morning on the grounds. On your last day, return to Bucharest for your hotel or airport drop-off.
2-Days Halloween Tour
2-Days Halloween Tours are designed for people who are mostly interested in our parties. There are no attractions included.
The itinerary focusing on the Halloween Party at Dracula’s Castle departs from Bucharest. Arrive in Bran Village, accommodate in a cozy hotel, enjoy a delicious traditional dinner and then join us at the iconic Dracula’s Castle and party till morning.
Meanwhile, the 2-Days Halloween Tour including our party in Sighisoara Citadel can start in Cluj-Napoca, Bucharest, Sibiu or Brasov. We transfer you to Sighisoara, where you will accommodate in a medieval hotel. Join us for our unforgettable party and attend special events such as a breathtaking magic show and the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead.
3-Days Vampire Short Break
Our 3-Days Vampire Short Break departs throughout the year, on customer request. Our English speaking guide collects you from Cluj-Napoca. Highlights include Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler, followed by the Medieval Saxon City of Sibiu or the unique Turda Salt Mine. In Turda, you will also attend the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead, performed by our team according to old customs and traditions. On your last day, return to Cluj-Napoca and go on a fun city tour.
Awarded 7-Days Halloween – Best Romania Tours
Our Awarded 7-Days Halloween itinerary departs from Bucharest around the famous holiday. This specific tour is, without a doubt, the flagship of our catalog, considered a ‘Top 10 Must-Do Adventure’ by Fodor’s Travel Guide.
Visit impressive Dracula related highlights such as Snagov Monastery, the alleged burial place of Vlad the Impaler, followed by Poienari Fortress or the Medieval Saxon City of Sibiu. Discover Corvinesti Castle in Hunedoara – the former residence of ruler Iancu de Hunedoara. Arrive in Turda and descend inside the unique Salt Mine.
You next destination is Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, Dracula’s birthplace. Accommodate in a 3* medieval hotel and join us in the dungeon for an unforgettable Halloween Party. Your evening begins with a delicious festive dinner and continues with an entertaining schedule including a stunning magic show, an impressive ballet performance and the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead, performed according to old customs and traditions.
The next morning, travel to Bran Village. Accommodate at a cozy hotel located in the vicinity of the iconic Dracula’s Castle. Our organized group gathers at the entrance at a set hour in order to take advantage of the ‘skip the ticket office line’ service. After that, go on a unique night tour of the castle, followed by the fun Halloween Party taking place on the grounds.
On the last day of your tour, arrive in Sinaia and visit Pelisor Castle, located in the Royal Residence Complex of Peles Palace. Return to Bucharest to conclude your itinerary.
Is it safe to visit Romania?
According to several indexes, Romania is classified as a generally safe country for travelers. The Global Terrorist Database ranks us on position 138/163. Considering the fact that this specific index is based on the level of terrorist activity, this essentially certifies that there were no terrorist attacks here.
Meanwhile, the Global Peace Index which factors in militarization, society and security, as well as domestic and interest conflict places us on position 22/163.
Crime rate in Romania is lower than the European average. You can walk our streets safely, without worrying that you could get mugged. What we are dealing with, though, is a high level of corruption still present. If you end up in a situation where authorities provide a ‘mutually beneficial’ solution which doesn’t seem right, refuse it and seek legal justification.
Need to Know before traveling to Romania
- Confirm your passport is valid for 6 months from when you think your trip will end. Don’t get stranded.
- Get comprehensive travel insurance to cover you and your gear. Get insurance that’s right for you and covers your activities in the places you’ll go. Remember, regardless of how healthy and fit you are, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.
- Consider your physical and mental health. Get advice from your doctor if you’re unsure.
- See your doctor or travel clinic 8 weeks before you go for a basic health check
- Check if your medication is legal and available in the places you’re going. Take enough of your prescribed medicines to last the whole trip. Carry copies of your prescription and a letter from your doctor.
- Tell your bank you’re travelling and check if your cards will work. Have several payment options.
During our escorted itineraries, the price includes transfer between attractions. We can provide a car, minibus or even a coach depending on the number of travelers. If you decide to extend you stay and visit objectives outside the itinerary, you might need to use a rental car to move around.
Inside cities, pay extra attention at the traffic around you. It can get very crowded, especially during rush hours and some drivers will attempt to break the law by crossing red lights, performing risky overtakes or executing illegal u-turns. Furthermore, you will most likely find out that a free parking spot is hard to find. Instead of circling around your destination, it might be a better idea to plan ahead and seek out the nearest parking lot.
Outside cities, most of the driving is done on National Roads since we have few highways and they only connect a portion of our country. National Roads pass through a lot of villages where you can encounter carts and animals on the road.
As we mentioned before, crime rate is low in Romania, so you don’t have to worry about potential muggings. Still, there are pickpockets lurking around crowded places. For instance, most of them prefer operating in buses or in a subway train. They usually cut your purse open and disappear with your items before you realize what happened. To avoid having your items stolen, you should always keep your bag or purse within eyesight. If you can, leave the most valuable items in the hotel safe.
According to Romanian laws:
- Always carry photo ID – you should keep the original passport or ID card somewhere safe and carry photocopies with you
- You are prohibited from taking photos of airports, military sites or other secure locations (this includes drones – be careful, as you might have a non-pleasant surprise if you accidentally fly a drone in military airspace)
- Penalties for drug offences are severe. Depending on the seriousness of the crime, you can face up to 20 years in jail. Authorities are focusing more on finding the dealers rather than the users, but it’s always best to avoid getting in trouble
Before leaving your country, you should get a good travel insurance. This way, you can avoid getting into financial trouble in case of an unexpected situation. For instance, you or one of your family members might need medical services while abroad. Your healthcare plan most likely does not apply in our country and the costs for such services can get quite high. A good insurance company, however, will take care of these expenses for you.
Prices for the best Romania Tours
One of the most important things people are interested in before choosing their favorite itinerary is the price. This can differ based on several factors such as the length of the tour or the type of accommodation required. In addition, our catalog also includes private itineraries which depart on customer request for your group of friends or family friends only. Since we provide the same high-quality services for a smaller number of people, the price for such an itinerary is higher.
The average price of a 7-Days itinerary is of about €1200 / person, while for a 3-Days Short Break, you will have to pay around €650 / person.
Costs for 11-Days Study Trips
Our Study Trips are designed for large groups of students. Their length allows us to include several cultural and historical places that are not available on a regular itinerary. Each group is accompanied by a tour leader, usually a teacher, who travels free of charge. The others will have to pay the following amounts:
- For the ‘Transylvania’s Undying Legend’ edition: €1287 or €1576 for single rooms
- For the ‘Dracula Tours for Schools’: €1557 or €1837 for single rooms
Romania Tours – 10-Days Halloween Itinerary from Budapest
Besides the Halloween Short Breaks and the Awarded 7-Days itinerary taking place around the famous holiday, we also organize a 10-Days Halloween Tour departing from Budapest. This itinerary includes all the impressive highlights from our 7-Days tour, as well as a few important Hungarian attractions. Book now for €1790 or €1999 for single rooms.
7-Days Vampire and Halloween Tours
We organize several types of 7-Days Itineraries throughout the year:
- The 7-Days Vampire Tour departs on a weekly basis, between May and October. Book it now for €1159
- In July, attend the special Discounted Edition (departing once per year) and enjoy the same itinerary we provide for the regular 7-Days tour at the special price of €999
- Our catalog also includes a ‘Best of Romania’ edition of our 7-Days Itinerary, departing on a weekly basis. This spefic tour allows you to attend 4 special dinners and an amazing show, all for €1181
- The Awarded 7-Days Halloween Tour includes the best highlights related to Dracula as well as three unforgettable Halloween Parties. Book it now for €1299 or €1419 for single rooms.
3-Days Short Breaks in Transylvania
Throughout the year, our catalog includes two types of 3-Days Short Breaks: a Vampire edition, departing on custmer request for €569 or €666 for single rooms; and a Halloween edition, departing from Cluj-Napoca or Bucharest and including two fun Halloween Parties: in Sighisoara Citadel and at the iconic Dracula’s Castle, all for €599 or €666 for single rooms.
2-Days Romania Tours
Our 2-Days Romania Tours are designed for travelers who are looking for a fun Halloween Party. They are focused on either the best party in Sighisoara Citadel or the popular party at Dracula’s Castle.
- Our 2-Days Tour with Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel departs from Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Brasov or Sibiu. Accommodate at a 3* medieval hotel and enjoy a party you won’t forget! The price also includes a delicious festive dinner and a breakfast. Book now for €439 or €479 for single rooms.
- Meanwhile, the 2-Days Itinerary with Halloween Party at Dracula’s Castle departs from Bucharest. It includes accommodation, a traditional dinner, as well as breakfast in the morning and access to the Halloween Party, all for €369 or €399 for single rooms.
1-Day City Breaks
Besides the 2-Days Romania Tours, we also organize 1-Day City Breaks. These itineraries are focusing only on the Halloween Parties available around this famous holiday. For city breaks, we do not include transfers, so you will have to arrive in Sighisoara or Bran Village on your own account.
- Our Halloween City Break in Sighisoara includes accommodation, meals and access to our fun Halloween Party including the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead. This itinerary is available for €249
- The City Break with Halloween Party at Bran Castle has the same inclusions as the itinerary in Sighisoara, the only difference being the included party. Book it now for €369 or €399 for single rooms.
The price of food in Romania
If you attend our Romania Tours, you will be able to take advantage of the included dinners and breakfasts, so you won’t have to spend too much on food. Besides these meals, on some days we provide small windows of time during which you can enjoy lunch on your own account. For this reason (and if you decide to extend your stay in Transylvania), you should know what the costs of food are in our country.
According to Budget Your Trip, travelers spend around 104 lei/day on food while in Romania.
While meal prices in Romania can vary, the average cost of food in Romania is lei104 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Romania should cost around lei41 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in Romania is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.Budget Your Trip
How much does it cost to travel in Romania?
Our tours include transfers between the available attractions. We can provide a car, minibus or even a coach depending on group size. The following travel advice applies to you only if you intend to extend your stay and discover more of our country on your own.
- If you plan on visiting several highlights, your best choice might be a rental car. This way you will earn more time and – depending on how much you intend to drive around – you may even end up with a smaller final cost.
- Ride the bus or the subway: you will arrive in the closest station to your destination and you will most likely have to walk a short distance to the attraction you intend to visit. This means of transportation is cheaper than a taxi but it’s usually very crowded.
- A taxi fare costs more than if you travel by bus. However, you avoid the previously mentioned crowds and you arrive exactly at your destination. Some drivers attempt to scam passengers, especially foreigners who don’t know the city. If you feel like you are being circled around, check a GPS map and call out the driver. This is a tactic to artificially increase the sum on the meter. Other drivers negotiate the fare upfront and propose to keep the meter off. This way they can keep the entire sum instead of paying the taxi company’s fee. Do not accept such a deal as the sum they require is usually a lot larger than the ride is worth.
- Ride-sharing services such as Uber are a good alternative to conventional taxis. You know the fare in advance, so the driver doesn’t benefit from circling you around and can’t propose a larger sum.
How many days do you need in Romania?
One important aspect people consider when booking an itinerary is its length. Our catalog includes experiences ranging from 1-Day City Breaks to 3-Days Short Breaks or even the Awarded 7-Days Tours.
Romania Tours – 1-Day City Breaks
1-Day City Breaks are the shortest itineraries organized by our team. If you are already in Sighisoara Citadel or in Bran Village, these are the perfect experiences for you! We provide accommodation, meals and access to a fun Halloween Party.
2-Days Halloween Tours
If you also require transfer to Sighisoara Citadel or to Bran Village, we recommend a 2-Days Halloween Tour. We organize two distinct experiences. One of them departs from Bucharest, Brasov, Sibiu or Cluj-Napoca and includes accommodation, meals and access to our Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel. The other 2-Days Halloween Tour focuses on the Halloween Party at Dracula’s Castle. It departs from Bucharest and it also includes accommodation, a delicious traditional dinner and a breakfast.
3-Days Vampire and Halloween Short Breaks
Our 3-Days itineraries are short versions of the Awarded 7-Days Halloween tours. We organize a Vampire edition which runs throughout the year, departing on customer request. Meet your experienced English speaking guide in Cluj-Napoca and then travel to Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, followed by the impressive Corvinesti Castle in Hunedoara. Next, arrive in Turda and get ready for the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead, a special event you will definetly remember. The next morning, visit the unique Turda Salt Mine before returning to Cluj to conclude your itinerary.
Besides the 3-Days Vampire tour, we also provide a Halloween edition including the best parties in Transylvania. Depart from either Cluj-Napoca or Bucharest. Travel to Sighisoara Medieval Citadel and explore Dracula’s birthplace. Attend our Halloween Party in Sighisoara which includes a series of breathtaking special events. The next day, arrive in Bran Village, accommodate in a cozy hotel and enjoy a delicious traditional dinner. In the evening, join us at Bran Castle for a party you won’t forget!
Awarded 7-Days Romania Tours
The best way to experience Transylvania is, without a doubt, on a 7-Days itinerary. Join us on a Vampire or a Halloween tour and we guarantee you will have a lot of fun.
7-Days Vampire Itinerary
Our 7-Days Vampire tour departs from Bucharest. Highlights include Dracula’s alleged burial place, Snagov Monastery, followed by Poienari Fortress or the Medieval Saxon City of Sibiu where you can discover attractions such as the Bridge of Lies. You will also explore the impressive Corvinesti Castle, the former residence of ruler Iancu de Hunedoara. Next, arrive in Turda. Attend the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead, performed by our team according to old customs and traditions.
The next morning, visit the unique Turda Salt Mine, followed by Sighisoara Medieval Citadel – Dracula’s birthplace and the Medieval Saxon City of Brasov. To top it all, explore the popular Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle, a symbol of Transylvania.
Awarded Halloween Tour
Our Awarded 7-Days Halloween Tour is the best experience available in our catalog. It has received several accolades throughout the year. One of the most important is the appearance in Fodor Travel Guide’s ‘Top 10 Must-Do Adventures’ list.
Meet your guide in Bucharest and then travel to impressive highlights such as Snagov Monastery, an impressive monastic building located on an island in the middle of Snagov Lake. From here, drive to Poienari Fortress, the amazing Corvinesti Castle in Hunedoara or the unique Turda Salt Mine.
Arrive in Sighisoara Citadel and accommodate at a medieval hotel located in the middle of the old citadel. Discover impressive highlights such as the Clock Tower History Museum and join us for a party you won’t forget! Enjoy a delicious festive dinner complemented by a special program which includes a breathtaking magic show, an impressive ballet performance and the Ritual of Killing of The Living Dead.
The following day, travel to Bran Village. Accommodate at a hotel located within walking distance from the iconic Bran Castle. Enjoy a traditional dinner and then arrive at the entrance of the castle. If you show up on time, you will enter with our organized group and take advantage of the ‘skip the ticket office line’ service (available just once – if you arrive late, you will have to wait in line before joining the party). Go on a unique night tour of the castle and then party on the grounds till morning.
On your last day in Transylvania, visit Pelisor Castle in Sinaia (located in the vicinity of the more popular Peles Palace) and then return to Bucharest for your hotel or airport drop-off.