Enjoy these private tours in Romania having at your disposal your own chauffeur-guide, a private car, VIP entrance to Bran Castle and attend the best Halloween parties in Transylvania: Sighisoara citadel and Bran Castle Halloween party
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Halloween Party Transylvania – Welcome to an unforgettable 3-days short break departing from Bucharest. Discover our amazing country and have fun at the best Halloween Parties.
This tour includes two parties: our special Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel and the popular Halloween Party at Bran Castle.
Highlights of the Halloween Party Transylvania
Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel– a delicious traditional Romanian festive dinner washed down with fiery spirits, excellent Romanian wine and accompanied by a special program including:
- Ritual Killing of the Living Dead – Help a haunted spirit to gain his peace – attend the ritual of killing a strigoi – learn more
- “Witchery Moments” with Eduard & Bianca – amazing magic show, performed by two of Europe’s most innovative and dynamic magicians.
- Vampire Hunting – an impressive ballet performance of professional ballet dancers
The Medieval Saxon Citadel of Sighisoara – Dracula’s birth place, the best preserved medieval citadel in Europe, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Night visit to Bran Castle with VIP entrance– also known as Dracula’s Castle, a legendary Transylvanian fortress dating back to 1377. Usually on Halloween there is a 3 hours cue which we will skip
Halloween Party in the grounds of Bran Castle
The Medieval Saxon city of Brasov – one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe
Brief itinerary of the best Halloween Party Transylvania
This edition of our Halloween Breaks Europe begins in Bucharest. Our guide collects you from Moxa Boutique Hotel.
After that, drive to Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, Dracula’s birthplace.
Accommodate at a 3* medieval hotel and then get ready for our Halloween Party Transylvania.
Join us in the basement of the hotel at 8 PM.
Drink a shot of Romanian ‘water of fire’ and then enjoy a delicious three-course dinner.
There is an Open Bar available until 00.30 where you can order as much as you need without extra charge.
Our specially prepared program includes the Ritual of Killing of the Living Dead, performed according to old customs and traditions.
The magicians will then be at your disposal and entertain you with funny magic tricks.
After that you will enjoy a Vampire Hunting show performed by professionals.
There will be costume contests and Best Howling at the moon contests.
Find more information about this party here.
The next morning, stroll around the streets of Sighisoara and then visit the main attractions, including the Clock Tower Museum.
After that, head for the Medieval Saxon City of Brasov and then admire the old buildings, such as the Black Church, the largest Gothic edifice in South-Eastern Europe. The church got its name after a massive fire blackened its walls.
Halloween Breaks Europe – Bran Castle Halloween Party Transylvania
Continue your Halloween Breaks Europe in Bran Village.
Accommodate in a 3* hotel in the vicinity of Dracula’s Castle (in walking distance).
Enjoy a festive traditional Transylvanian dinner and participate to a costume contest. Introduce your character to the other participants.
At 7:30 PM, join us for the ultimate Halloween Party Transylvania.
You will benefit from your VIP entrance privilege and you will skip the 3 hours line usually formed on Halloween evening.
Enjoy a unique night tour of Bran Castle, decorated for Halloween and populated with glamorous witches as hostesses.
After that you are invited in the courtyard to attend the Halloween Party Transylvania.
On your third day, say Good Bye to Bran castle and drive to Bucharest airport for the return journey.
Note that, due to heavy traffic, arrival will be late in the evening, at about 5 or 6 PM.
This is an overview of your private tour in Romania.
For more information, including the complete itinerary, please scroll up and then use the product’s menu to navigate.
Book this now and then follow in Dracula’s footsteps! During your Halloween Breaks Europe, visit Sighisoara Citadel, followed by Brasov and then Bran village. Attend two unforgettable Halloween Parties.
We accept MasterCard and Visa on our on-line secure internet payment form.
- MasterCard and Visa via fax and phone.
- We also accept payments via PayPal and bank transfer.
- At the moment of booking we require an advance deposit in the amount of Euro 145/person. Once the advance deposit is registered with our accounts we issue a Confirmation Letter.
- The final payment is due 60 days prior to tour departure. Should the booking be made within 60 days prior to tour departure, entire tour cost is requested at the time of booking.
Departures for private tour in Romania:
|Departure date||Price per person|
(based on double occupancy for 2 people travelling together )
|Price for Single traveller||Availability|
|3 day tour. Departure from Hotel Moxa, 10.00 am (GMT +02:00)|
|October 29, 2021||€ 1219||€ 1299||limited spaces|
|October 28, 2022||€ 1219||€ 1299||limited spaces|
This private tour with Halloween Party Transylvania is guaranteed to depart on the dates given, for a minimum of 2 passengers.
Available for free if:
- You don’t have a reflection in the mirror,
- You decompose when sunlight strikes you,
- You’re over 200 years old,
- Can use your wings to fly to Transylvania,
Well, this holiday is free for you! Come join your fellow vampires in Transylvania:-)
Blood treats not included!
- Once you realize the price of good beer and wine you will probably not want to return to your country.
- People speak plenty of English in Romania and you will find the locals and the other tourists are friendly and open.
- No visa is required and you can get green card extension insurance from your insurer to cover Romania.
Itinerary of this private tour with Halloween Party Transylvania on the map
We’re pleased to say that Transylvania Live has recently garnered the attention of several publications and broadcasts
more details here
Halloween private tour in Romania on the national news
Please activate Caption button to see the news with English subtitles.
Advice for European people traveling abroad
Check what travel documents you’ll need to cross the border into another EU country.
Find out what documents you need for your spouse, children or other relatives if they are not EU nationals.
When travelling to or from a non-Schengen country, like Romania, you must show a valid ID or passport. Before travelling, check what documents you must have to travel outside your home country and to enter the non-Schengen country you plan to visit.
Documents for minors travelling in the EU
In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), if Romanian minors are travelling accompanied only by an adult other than their parents/legal guardian(s), they must have written consent to travel signed by both parents and/or legal guardian(s) and certified by a notary.
This consent must state:
- the itinerary
- the dates of the journey
- the identification of the accompanying adult
The accompanying adult must present:
- the above mentioned consent signed by both parents
- an extract of their own judicial record
- if applicable, the documents proving the quality of the person (e.g. a flight attendant) designated by the transport company
If they are travelling with one of their parents, they must show written consent (certified by a notary) from the other parent allowing them to leave the country. This consent is not necessary if the accompanying parent can prove:
- that custody of the minor was granted by a court
- that the other parent is deceased
- that the other parent has been declared as missing or their parental rights have been revoked
Minors can leave Romania without presenting the declaration, even where there is no consent from either of the parents or the legal guardian, if:
- the minor Romanian citizen moves to his / her residence to the country of destination
- the accompanying adult justifies the need for the trip by the fact that the minor is to receive medical treatment which is not possible in Romania and without which his/her life or health would be in serious danger. This must be backed up by documentary evidence, either issued or endorsed by the Romanian medical authorities, stating the time period and state(s) where the treatment is to take place.
- the accompanying adult justifies the need for the trip by the fact that the minor is travelling for educational purposes or to participate in an official competition. This must be backed up by documentary evidence stating the time period and the state(s) where the minor will study or compete.
Other than their own valid travel document, no particular extra official authorization is required for minors of other EU countries to enter Romania.
Package travel and linked travel arrangements
As a holidaymaker booking a package holiday and/or linked travel arrangements, you benefit from a high level of consumer protection under EU rules. If you buy a package, you have well-defined rights before and throughout the booking process, and up until your holiday ends, for example the right to pre-contractual information, the organiser’s liability for the proper performance of travel services included in your package and insolvency protection. These rights apply to packages purchased online or face-to-face, from a tour operator, travel agent, or any other trader that is acting as the organiser of the package.
Package travel – different types of packages give you the same rights
When you book a package holiday, you buy a combination of two or more different types of travel services for the same trip or holiday. These services can include transport, accommodation, car hire, or under specific conditions any other tourist service. Your package may be pre-arranged – consisting of a number of services combined by a tour operator or travel agent – or you may have a more customised package by choosing the services yourself before the contract is concluded. In both cases, EU rules apply as long as your travel package was purchased in a certain way.
What is package travel?
Your travel is considered as a package when:
1. You book travel services put together by or with the help of a trader, such as a tour operator or an online or offline travel agency under a single contract
2. You book travel services under separate contracts with individual providers and one of the following conditions is met:
you buy services at a single point of sale (such as a travel agency, a call centre or a website) and you select the services before agreeing to pay, i.e. before you conclude the first contract. This is the case, for example, where different travel services are put into a shopping basket or are otherwise selected before a contract is concluded.
- the services are sold to you at an inclusive or total price
- the services were advertised/sold as a “package” or similar
- travel services are combined after the conclusion of a contract under which you are entitled to choose from a selection of different travel services, for example a travel package gift box
Click-through package: you buy services from separate travel companies through a linked online booking process where the first company transmits your name, email address and payment details to the second company and the second contract is concluded within 24 hours of the first contract
A combination of a travel service, such as accommodation, and another tourist service, such as a guided tour, admission to a concert or sports event, or rental of sports equipment, can only be classed as a package if the other tourist service accounts for 25% or more of the overall value of the trip, or if that service is an essential feature of the trip.
Package travel – your right to clear and accurate information
Before you book a package, the point of sale (booking website or app for example) or your travel agent must give you all the standard information about the package, such as the:
- travel destination (itinerary, dates and duration of the stay, details of any transfers, visits or excursions) and a list of services included
- name and contact details of the organiser of the package and, where it is sold through a retailer, of the retailer
- total price, inclusive of all taxes and where applicable all additional fees, and the payment arrangements
- information on how to terminate the contract before the start of the package on payment of an appropriate termination fee
Information on passport and visa requirements
Information on complaint-handling procedures, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms and, where appropriate, the ADR entity, and the online dispute resolution platform
You should also receive clear information on your rights, based on an EU standardised form, explaining that you have been offered a package and outlining your rights.
Package travel – changes to or termination of the contract
Price increase: The organiser may increase the price of the package only if specific costs rise (for example, fuel prices). This must be clearly explained in the contract and cannot be applied any later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the total price of the package, you have the right to end the package contract without a termination fee.
If you cannot travel you may:
- Transfer the package to another person: under certain conditions, you can transfer your package to another person, although you can be charged a reasonable fee for this, up to the actual cost incurred by the organiser to transfer your package travel contract.
- Terminate the contract: the organiser may however deduct a reasonable fee from your refund, depending, in particular, on the timing of your cancellation.
These rights are independent of any rights you may have under a cancellation insurance policy that you have taken out.
Cancellation by the organiser: Under normal conditions, if the organiser cancels the sale before the start of your package, you are entitled to a refund and compensation, where appropriate.
Cancellation in exceptional circumstances: If a natural disaster occurs or if there are serious security problems at your holiday destination that are likely to affect the package, the organiser may cancel the package. As a traveller, you are also free to cancel your package free of charge for the same reasons. In these cases, you are entitled to a full refund of any payments you’ve made but you are not entitled to additional compensation.
Package travel – liability for proper performance of travel services
The organiser is responsible for the proper performance of all travel services included in your package.
If a travel service can’t be provided as agreed, for example if a provider can’t carry out an agreed service or can’t do so in the agreed form (such as providing transport to or from your destination, providing the agreed type of accommodation, or carrying out a guided tour that you booked), the organiser has to resolve the problem at no extra cost to you.
If it is impossible to make alternative arrangements or you reject the arrangements offered to you on valid grounds, and the package includes your transport (such as air travel), the organiser must offer to repatriate you. If the travel services do not reach the agreed standards and this cannot be resolved on the spot, you may also be entitled to compensation.
Package travel – assistance to travellers
If you get into difficulty during your package holiday, for example if you have health problems or lose your passport, the organiser has to give you assistance, such as information on health services or on consular assistance, and should help you find alternative travel arrangements if necessary.
Liability for booking errors
These rules apply to packages and LTAs.
When you book a holiday, the responsible trader (the travel agent or online travel agency) is liable if any of the following occurs during the booking process:
- technical defects in the booking system
- errors made by the retailer if they are responsible for arranging the booking of a package or of travel services which are part of linked travel arrangements
- Traders are not responsible for any booking errors made by you, or problems which are deemed unavoidable or are due to extraordinary circumstances.
Protection in case of bankruptcy
These rules apply to package travel and LTAs.
If the trader you booked your holiday with goes bankrupt, you are protected by insolvency protection. This can be a fund, an insurance or any other mechanism in place in your EU country. This will refund any payments you may have made and will, if required, repatriate you if transport was included in your package
Learn more on the official European Union site
Please check your itinerary below:
Bucharest – Sighisoara (287 km, 4h 30m driving) Your Plan
10:00 AM: Welcome to the Romania! Our English speaking guide collects you from Moxa Hotel, Bucharest.. Transfer to the Medieval Saxon Citadel of Sighisoara. Founded by Saxons during the 12th century, Sighisoara still stands as one of Europe’s most beautiful inhabited fortified citadels, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sighisoara is also the place where Vlad the Impaler, the Romanian ruler also know as Dracula was borne.
08:00 PM : Get ready then for the Halloween Party: a delicious traditional Romanian festive dinner washed down with fiery spirits, excellent Romanian wine and accompanied by a special program including the Ritual of Killing of the Living Dead, Vampiresa Hunting and many dark surprises. Find more details.
If you survive you’ll find refugee in a 3* hotel located in the very heart of the medieval citadel.
Sighisoara – Brasov – Bran (166 km, 2h 40 min driving)
Enjoy medieval charm at its best, visit Sighisoara's main tourist attractions: The Clock Tower, standing 60 meters tall on top of the citadel's hill, it hostst a museum and offers a great view over the citadel.Travel next to the Medieval Saxon city of Brasov, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe, home to the impressive Black Church, the largest Gothic edifice in South Eastern Europe.
Time for everybody to get rest before dinner and before exploring Bran Castle, Transylvania's iconic image.
19:30 The ultimate Halloween Party at the Bran Castle – also known as Dracula’s Castle! Enjoy an unforgettable night tour of Bran Castle, meet the Wicked Fairies and get lost in their euphoric dance along with a glass of local red wine. Watch a horror movie projection and feel amazing being part of a great and dynamic Halloween After Party in the courtyard of Bran Castle until 4:00 am.
Bran – Bucharest (172 km, 3h driving)
Transfer to Bucharest Airport for the return journey. Arrival in Bucharest around 5-6 PM, depending on traffic.
*Please have in mind that accommodation for the last day of the tour is not included.
**Airport/Hotel drop off included
The services of a professionally trained English speaking guide.
- Sighisoara: 3*hotel – historical building in the heart of Sighisoara citadel
- Bran: 3* hotel – 300 meters far from Bran Castle
Due to the fact that some of the hotels are functioning in historic buildings in center of citadels these hotels do not have a lift (elevator)
Porter services are provided at the hotels in our private tours -you don’t have to lift a finger
- 2 breakfasts
- One Festive Halloween dinner in Sighisoara including a 3 course meal plus dessert – Sweets Bar and the alcoholic drinks – Open Bar between 20:00 – 01:00
- One Traditional Transylvanian dinner in Bran including a 3 course meal plus dessert one shot of “tzuika” (Romanian plum brandy)
Entire land transfers based on standard European car, microbus, coach, depending upon the number of travelers.
Pick up: Moxa Hotel Bucharest, centrally located, on first day of the tour, at 10:00 am Bucharest local time (GMT+2). You will meet our tour guide at the reception desk.
Drop off: Airport/ Moxa Boutique Hotel on the last day of the tour. Estimated arrival time: 05:00 – 06:00 pm Bucharest local time (GMT+2), based on normal traffic conditions.
Entry fees to the following tourist attractions
- Clock Tower in Sighisoara
- Bran Castle
- Halloween Party in Sighisoara see details here
- Halloween Party at the Bran Castle includes: VIP entrance to the castle (skip the 3 hours line), night tour of the Bran Castle decorated for Halloween and populated with glamorous Wicked Fairies and the Halloween Party until 04:00 am. It is recommended to keep in touch with your assigned guide and depart together with the group from the hotel toward the castle in order to benefit from the VIP entrance; if you are not going together with the group chances are that you will have to stay in line with the other party attenders.
IMPORTANT: Please have in mind that Halloween Party at Bran Castle is organized by administration of Bran Castle. Transylvania Live is not responsible for the content of the program/ changing’s, organizing manner or even cancellation. Transylvania Live provides only with the admission logistic.
- Plane ticket
- Airport fees
- Photo & video tax
- Accommodation on the last day of the tour
- Halloween costume
- Other not mentioned
Add-on program with Transylvania Live
Choose activities you can perform before or after your tour and then visit our partners’ site. Available experiences include:
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
The tour has a general audience as it targets people interested in history, culture, customs and beliefs. Group size can be between 4-26 people. Transylvania Live is member of the responsible travel network and we are committed to operating a travel policy that is supportive of local economies, cultures and the environment. We operate our tours with small groups in order to minimise the negative impact on the environment and allow our guests to interact more easily with the locals, facilitate the communication with the guide. The average age of group is, most of the time, between 35-45.
If you pay on-line using our secure internet booking form your credit card can hold any type of currency, the amount of money to be taken will be exchanged in EURO by your bank at their rate. We accept USD and EURO for offline credit card payment and wire transfer.
To check the list of the countries that require a visa please see the web page of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2035
Romania enjoys warm summers and cold winters. In summer, cool cottons are best and in the winter a warm jacket or alike is recommended. Autumn is dry and cool, with fields and trees producing beautifully colored foliage. The weather in October-November is very unpredictable, with daytime temperatures between 6°-17° Celsius (42.80 - 62.60 Fahrenheit), and night time temperatures between 3° - 10°Celsius (37.40 - 50 Fahrenheit); but it is very much possible that you will see some snowfall especially in the mountain areas.
The motorcycles are to be collected from our Motorcycle Rental Shop in Turda (40 km away from Cluj Napoca, 31A Razboieni Street, city of Turda). Return transfer from Cluj Napoca or Targu Mures Airports to the garage in Turda available on request for an additional charge.
Transfer from Cluj Napoca (or Targu Mures Airport) to Turda available at an extra cost
1 transfer: EURO 35
Return transfer: EURO 60
Transfers from other airports available on request.
Please let us know in advance should you require these services.
Every Adventure Motorcycle Tours rental includes:
– use of BMW R1200 GS, BMW F800GS, BMW F850GS or BMW G650 GS (single) motorcycles.
– The motorbikes are endowed with top case. Side cases available for rent at an extra cost.
– The Third party Liability in respect of motor vehicles is provided (which is the Compulsory Insurance against Civil liability).
– Unlimited mileage
– Chain lock or disk lock
– All of our motorcycles are passenger friendly. Pillion (passenger) free of charge
– Secure storage for your luggage for the rented period
Extra cost side bags:
2-3 days: EURO 20/day
4-6 days: EURO 17/day
7 – 14 days: EURO 14/day
Over 14 days: EURO 11/day
– Helmets available for rent (although we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort)
– CASCO insurance (comprehensive insurance providing full coverage in case of accident) - 20 € /rental day/motorcycle – A cash deposit of €500 for BMW G650GS or € 1500 for BMW F800GS and BMW 1200GS will be required for bike damage security or loss of accessories. The amount will be refunded at the end of the programme should the bike be returned on time, undamaged and with a full fuel tank.
It is recommended to purchase a travel insurance policy specially designed for adventure holidays.
At an additional cost services of support car and driver/mechanic are available. The mechanic will accompany you in order to ensure the motorcycle service and the security checks and to intervene in case of emergency.
Mechanic services: 90 EURO/day + accommodation and meals
Support car following you on your itinerary: 569 EURO/week + gasoline and parking fees
The support car will be driven by the mechanic. For some sectors pillions could travel in the support car, depending on pillions number and seats available.
A day of rental equals a calendar day, rental hours: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday, (and Saturday in low season).
The motor bike will be delivered to the hirer with a full tank of fuel, clean and in perfect state of functioning. The renter will return the bike in the same conditions along with its documents and accessories, at the end of the programme, at the time and place stipulated by the contract.
Vehicles returned with a less than full gas tank will be subject to a refueling charge. (€ 12 plus fuel cost will be charged.) Should the hirer return the bike unclean, the cost of the cleaning services will be applied.
The loss of tools/documents/ accessories will be also charged.
Yes, every motorcycle has a safety and mechanical inspection prior to every rental. We have trained technicians on premises. All motorcycles are maintained to manufacturers' specifications and our technicians are very well acquainted with all rented bikes. Your safety is our #1 priority.
Every renter is provided with an emergency telephone number at pick-up. In case of a mechanical breakdown our staff will arrange for towing to Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location or repair facility.
For all the bikes, the minimum age required is 21 years old. The client must hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license and a minimum 1 year of riding experience. The passenger must be over 14 years of age.
You must have a valid motorcycle license to rent a motorcycle from Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live. The license from your country is sufficient - you don't have to get an international drivers license.
GPS Garmin Zumo 350LM series are available for rental. Price depends on the number of days of rental.
2-3 days – EURO 18/day
4-6 days – EURO 16/day
7-14 days – EURO 13/day
Over 14 days – EURO 10/day
All models have power outlets built into the fairing that allow you to plug in your Global Positioning Unit.
Certain vehicles provide for lockable storage.
Rented motorcycles are permitted across the Romanian borders as long as the Motorcycle is returned to Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s rental location. However, Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s approval is compulsory. Please mention this request on the booking form.
Yes, Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location offers free, safe and secure storage of your luggage and personal items during your rental.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live can provide you with a side-car motorcycle on request. Please contact us for more details.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live has a good selection of helmets, gloves or rain suites for rent. Please note that the rental of these accessories depends upon availability. However we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort.
2-3 days – EURO 10 /day
4-6 days – EURO 8/ day
7-14 days – EURO 6/day
Over 14 days – EURO 5/day
Yes, for your own safety, and per Romanian law, both you and your passenger are required to wear a certified helmet at all times when you ride our motorcycle.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live has started in 1995 and continues to be closely managed by the founder.
Beginners should start with an entry level motorbike. BMW G 650 GS is the perfect choice.