Facebook Twitter Pinterest Shares Halloween in Transylvania – best Dracula experience, departing from Budapest. Discover amazing highlights in Hungary, such as Tokaj Winery,…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Halloween in Transylvania – best Dracula experience, departing from Budapest. Discover amazing highlights in Hungary, such as Tokaj Winery, the producers of Dracula’s favorite wine. After that, get ready to explore Transylvania, the land of Dracula!
Halloween in Transylvania from Budapest – Highlights
Day 1 Wine tasting in Tokay with Dracula’s favorite wines and welcome dinner
- Wine Tasting in Tokaj – It was the Tokaj wine that Dracula used to serve his guests with. Also a favorite tipple of the Dumas’s musketeers.
- Welcome dinner in Romanian traditional way
Day 2 The merriest cemetery in the world and Romanian Village Museum
- The Merry Cemetery from Sapanta with wood-carved memorial crosses, not only decorated in vivid colors with funny epitaphs
- The Magic World of Romanian Folklore – A live presentation offered by a famous Romanian ethnographer, your travel to Transylvania will enrich you’re universe with more fantastic creatures than you could ever have imagine.
Day 3 Learn to make a wooden stake before arriving to Dracula Castle Hotel Halloween party
- meet a famous wood-craftsman. He’ll teach us how to make the perfect wooden stake so you can be prepared to meet the vampires
- Halloween party and accommodation in Dracula’s Castle Hotel in Transylvania – Bram Stoker’s imagination placed Count’s castle in Borgo Pass; nowadays Stoker has a statue in front of this hotel
Day 4 Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel, Vlad the Impaler birthplace
- Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel – Dracula’s birth place; lunch in the house where Vlad the Impaler was born and enjoy the best Halloween party ever. Check out the schedule here!
- Ritual Killing of the Living Dead – Help a haunted spirit to gain his peace – attend the ritual of killing a vampire in this Dracula tour – find out more!
- “Witchery Moments” magicians show – amazing magic show, performed by two of Europe’s most innovative and dynamic magicians.
- Vampires Hunting show – an impressive ballet performance of professional ballet dancers
- costume contests and prizes
Day 5 Bran Castle Halloween party, aka Dracula’s Castle Halloween party from Transylvania
- tour of the medieval citadel of Sighisoara and visit of Clock Tower and Medieval Weapon collection
- Halloween Party at Bran Castle – also known as Dracula’s Castle, a legendary Transylvanian fortress dating back to 1377
- Night visit of Bran castle with VIP Entrance (skip the 3 hours line); the castle is decorated for Halloween and populated with glamorous witches as hostesses.
Day 6 The Black Church from Brasov and Rasnov Fortress
- Rasnov fortress, 15 kilometres away from Brasov was built in order to defend the peasants in the surroundings on a top of a mountain
- the famous Gothic Black Church; the edifice holds the largest organ in Europe
Day 7 The Bridge of Liars and the beautiful Fagaras Citadel
- Fagaras citadel surrounded by the water
- medieval city of Sibiu (European Capital of Culture in 2007) with its wonderful Saxon buildings and the famous Bridge of Liars
Day 8 The greatest Gothic style castle in Eastern Europe seen in these Dracula Tours from Budapest
- visit Corvinesti Castle is waiting for your visit; this is the greatest Gothic style castle in Eastern Europe
Day 9 The sun city and the capital of Hungary
- Szeged also called Sun City, enjoy a city tour
Brief itinerary of the 10-Days Halloween in Transylvania tour from Budapest
Meet our guide at Budapest airport and then drive to Tokaj. Explore the winery and taste the famous Tokaj Wine.
From here, travel to Satu Mare, delight yourself during a special welcome dinner and then accommodate in a 3* hotel.
The next morning, drive to Sapanta and then visit a place unique in the world: the Merry Cemetery. The cemetery is famous for its wood-carved crosses depicting the deceased in cartoonish fashion. Under the cartoon, each cross has a wooden plaque which contains a funny epitaph reciting biographies of the deceased.
Next, head to Sighetu Marmatiei and visit the Village Museum.
Accommodate in Viseul de Sus.
On your next day, arrive in Sacel and then meet a famous wood-craftsman. In addition to making the acquaintance, learn how to make the perfect wooden stake.
From here, travel to Borgo Pass and accommodate at Dracula’s Castle hotel, built according to Bram Stoker’s imagination. This evening, enjoy a delicious three-course dinner and discover all the dark legends surrounding Dracula.
In the morning, drive to Sighisoara Citadel.
Accommodate at a 3* medieval hotel and, at 8 PM, join us for the best Halloween Party in Transylvania!
The schedule includes Vampire Hunting – a show performed by a professional ballet team, followed by Witchery Moments – an unforgettable magic show.
The highlight of this party is the Ritual of Killing of the Living Dead, performed according to old customs and traditions.
Day 5 Dracula Tours from Budapest – Halloween Party at Bran Castle-the biggest Halloween in Transylvania event.
Recover from our party in Sighisoara and get ready for the second night of fun included in your tour.
Go on a tour of Sighisoara Citadel.
Head to Bran Village. At 7:30 pm, join us for the ultimate Halloween Party at Bran Castle.
Enjoy a unique night tour of the castle, decorated for Halloween and populated with glamorous witches.
After that, have fun at the Dracula’s Castle Halloween party in Bran.
The next day, visit Rasnov fortress and then drive to the Saxon City of Brasov. Visit the historic center and then the famous Black Church.
On your 7th day, travel Fagaras Citadel and then to Sibiu.
Visit landmarks such as the Bridge of Liars and then accommodate in a 4* hotel.
From Sibiu, drive to Hunedoara and visit the legendary Corvinesti Castle, the greatest Gothic style castle in Romania. After that, drive to Arad and accommodate in a 4* hotel.
You are near the end of your quest.
From Arad, our amazing Dracula tours from Budapest take you back to Hungary.
Go on a city tour of Szeged, also known as Sun City. After that, drive to Budapest and accommodate in a 3* hotel.
Join us for a farewell dinner and receive your Survivors’ Certificate.
Transfer to the airport for your return journey.
This is just an overview of your tour.
For more information, such as the complete itinerary or inclusions/exclusions, please scroll up and then use the menu above to navigate to your desired section.
We accept MasterCard and Visa on our on-line secure internet payment form.
- MasterCard and Visa via fax and phone.
- We also accept payments via PayPal and bank transfer.
- At the moment of booking we require an advance deposit in the amount of Euro 145/person. Once the advance deposit is registered with our accounts we issue a Confirmation Letter.
- The final payment is due 60 days prior to tour departure. Should the booking be made within 60 days prior to tour departure, entire tour cost is requested at the time of booking.
|Departure date||Price per person|
(price based on 2 persons sharing a double room)
October 27, 2020
10 day tour. Departure from Budapest (10.00 GMT + 01:00)
Including 2 Halloween Parties: Special Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel and Halloween Party at Bran Castle
|€ 1790||€ 1920||Departs for groups of minimum 6 people|
October 26, 2021
10 day tour. Departure from Budapest (10.00 GMT + 01:00)
Including 2 Halloween Parties: Special Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel and Halloween Party at Bran Castle
|€ 1790||€ 1920||Departs for groups of minimum 6 people|
Halloween in Transylvania from Budapest – map
Available for free if:
- You don’t have a reflection in the mirror,
- You decompose when sunlight strikes you,
- You’re over 200 years old,
- Can use your wings to fly to Transylvania,
Well, this holiday is free for you! Come join your fellow vampires in Transylvania:-)
Blood treats not included!
- Once you realize the price of good beer and wine you will probably not want to return to your country.
- People speak plenty of English in Romania and you will find the locals and the other tourists are friendly and open.
- No visa is required and you can get green card extension insurance from your insurer to cover Romania.
• We’re pleased to say that Transylvania Live has recently garnered the attention of several publications and broadcasts
more details here
Halloween tours in Transylvania – Dracula Tours from Budapest on the national TV news
Please activate Caption button to see the news with English subtitles.
Awarded Halloween Tours Transylvania – Highlights:
Advice for European people traveling abroad
Check what travel documents you’ll need to cross the border into another EU country.
Find out what documents you need for your spouse, children or other relatives if they are not EU nationals.
When travelling to or from a non-Schengen country, like Romania, you must show a valid ID or passport. Before travelling, check what documents you must have to travel outside your home country and to enter the non-Schengen country you plan to visit.
Documents for minors travelling in the EU
In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), if Romanian minors are travelling accompanied only by an adult other than their parents/legal guardian(s), they must have written consent to travel signed by both parents and/or legal guardian(s) and certified by a notary.
This consent must state:
- the itinerary
- the dates of the journey
- the identification of the accompanying adult
The accompanying adult must present:
- the above mentioned consent signed by both parents
- an extract of their own judicial record
- if applicable, the documents proving the quality of the person (e.g. a flight attendant) designated by the transport company
If they are travelling with one of their parents, they must show written consent (certified by a notary) from the other parent allowing them to leave the country. This consent is not necessary if the accompanying parent can prove:
- that custody of the minor was granted by a court
- that the other parent is deceased
- that the other parent has been declared as missing or their parental rights have been revoked
Minors can leave Romania without presenting the declaration, even where there is no consent from either of the parents or the legal guardian, if:
- the minor Romanian citizen moves to his / her residence to the country of destination
- the accompanying adult justifies the need for the trip by the fact that the minor is to receive medical treatment which is not possible in Romania and without which his/her life or health would be in serious danger. This must be backed up by documentary evidence, either issued or endorsed by the Romanian medical authorities, stating the time period and state(s) where the treatment is to take place.
- the accompanying adult justifies the need for the trip by the fact that the minor is travelling for educational purposes or to participate in an official competition. This must be backed up by documentary evidence stating the time period and the state(s) where the minor will study or compete.
Other than their own valid travel document, no particular extra official authorization is required for minors of other EU countries to enter Romania.
Package travel and linked travel arrangements
As a holidaymaker booking a package holiday and/or linked travel arrangements, you benefit from a high level of consumer protection under EU rules. If you buy a package, you have well-defined rights before and throughout the booking process, and up until your holiday ends, for example the right to pre-contractual information, the organiser’s liability for the proper performance of travel services included in your package and insolvency protection. These rights apply to packages purchased online or face-to-face, from a tour operator, travel agent, or any other trader that is acting as the organiser of the package.
Package travel – different types of packages give you the same rights
When you book a package holiday, you buy a combination of two or more different types of travel services for the same trip or holiday. These services can include transport, accommodation, car hire, or under specific conditions any other tourist service. Your package may be pre-arranged – consisting of a number of services combined by a tour operator or travel agent – or you may have a more customised package by choosing the services yourself before the contract is concluded. In both cases, EU rules apply as long as your travel package was purchased in a certain way.
What is package travel?
Your travel is considered as a package when:
1. You book travel services put together by or with the help of a trader, such as a tour operator or an online or offline travel agency under a single contract
2. You book travel services under separate contracts with individual providers and one of the following conditions is met:
you buy services at a single point of sale (such as a travel agency, a call centre or a website) and you select the services before agreeing to pay, i.e. before you conclude the first contract. This is the case, for example, where different travel services are put into a shopping basket or are otherwise selected before a contract is concluded.
- the services are sold to you at an inclusive or total price
- the services were advertised/sold as a “package” or similar
- travel services are combined after the conclusion of a contract under which you are entitled to choose from a selection of different travel services, for example a travel package gift box
Click-through package: you buy services from separate travel companies through a linked online booking process where the first company transmits your name, email address and payment details to the second company and the second contract is concluded within 24 hours of the first contract
A combination of a travel service, such as accommodation, and another tourist service, such as a guided tour, admission to a concert or sports event, or rental of sports equipment, can only be classed as a package if the other tourist service accounts for 25% or more of the overall value of the trip, or if that service is an essential feature of the trip.
Package travel – your right to clear and accurate information
Before you book a package, the point of sale (booking website or app for example) or your travel agent must give you all the standard information about the package, such as the:
- travel destination (itinerary, dates and duration of the stay, details of any transfers, visits or excursions) and a list of services included
- name and contact details of the organiser of the package and, where it is sold through a retailer, of the retailer
- total price, inclusive of all taxes and where applicable all additional fees, and the payment arrangements
- information on how to terminate the contract before the start of the package on payment of an appropriate termination fee
Information on passport and visa requirements
Information on complaint-handling procedures, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms and, where appropriate, the ADR entity, and the online dispute resolution platform
You should also receive clear information on your rights, based on an EU standardised form, explaining that you have been offered a package and outlining your rights.
Package travel – changes to or termination of the contract
Price increase: The organiser may increase the price of the package only if specific costs rise (for example, fuel prices). This must be clearly explained in the contract and cannot be applied any later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the total price of the package, you have the right to end the package contract without a termination fee.
If you cannot travel you may:
- Transfer the package to another person: under certain conditions, you can transfer your package to another person, although you can be charged a reasonable fee for this, up to the actual cost incurred by the organiser to transfer your package travel contract.
- Terminate the contract: the organiser may however deduct a reasonable fee from your refund, depending, in particular, on the timing of your cancellation.
These rights are independent of any rights you may have under a cancellation insurance policy that you have taken out.
Cancellation by the organiser: Under normal conditions, if the organiser cancels the sale before the start of your package, you are entitled to a refund and compensation, where appropriate.
Cancellation in exceptional circumstances: If a natural disaster occurs or if there are serious security problems at your holiday destination that are likely to affect the package, the organiser may cancel the package. As a traveller, you are also free to cancel your package free of charge for the same reasons. In these cases, you are entitled to a full refund of any payments you’ve made but you are not entitled to additional compensation.
Package travel – liability for proper performance of travel services
The organiser is responsible for the proper performance of all travel services included in your package.
If a travel service can’t be provided as agreed, for example if a provider can’t carry out an agreed service or can’t do so in the agreed form (such as providing transport to or from your destination, providing the agreed type of accommodation, or carrying out a guided tour that you booked), the organiser has to resolve the problem at no extra cost to you.
If it is impossible to make alternative arrangements or you reject the arrangements offered to you on valid grounds, and the package includes your transport (such as air travel), the organiser must offer to repatriate you. If the travel services do not reach the agreed standards and this cannot be resolved on the spot, you may also be entitled to compensation.
Package travel – assistance to travellers
If you get into difficulty during your package holiday, for example if you have health problems or lose your passport, the organiser has to give you assistance, such as information on health services or on consular assistance, and should help you find alternative travel arrangements if necessary.
Liability for booking errors
These rules apply to packages and LTAs.
When you book a holiday, the responsible trader (the travel agent or online travel agency) is liable if any of the following occurs during the booking process:
- technical defects in the booking system
- errors made by the retailer if they are responsible for arranging the booking of a package or of travel services which are part of linked travel arrangements
- Traders are not responsible for any booking errors made by you, or problems which are deemed unavoidable or are due to extraordinary circumstances.
Protection in case of bankruptcy
These rules apply to package travel and LTAs.
If the trader you booked your holiday with goes bankrupt, you are protected by insolvency protection. This can be a fund, an insurance or any other mechanism in place in your EU country. This will refund any payments you may have made and will, if required, repatriate you if transport was included in your package
Learn more on the official European Union site
Please check your itinerary below:
Tuesday, Budapest - Tokaj - Satu Mare (326 km, 3h 38 min driving)Welcome to your Dracula Tour, a Halloween in Transylvania with Vlad the Impaler! Our English speaking guide picks you up from Budapest Airport and prepares you for your travel to Transylvania. Stop for a glass of excellent wine in Tokaj, Hungary. It was the Tokaj wine that Dracula used to serve hisguests with! For a little Dutch-courage and, for sure, with higher spirits you’ll reach Romania and stop in Satu Mare for accommodation in a 3* hotel. Along with a welcome dinner, you’ll receive your talisman: a cross carved by a famous popular craftsman to keep your body safe and your spirit alive, as well as a survival certificate (which you’ll have stamped as you progress through the itinerary) to recognize your courage!
Wednesday, Satu Mare - Sapinta - Sighetul Marmatiei –Viseul de Sus (154 km, 3h 6 min driving)Your first morning in Romania! Drive to Sapanta, close to the Ukrainian border, home of the merriest cemetery in the world! Unique in the world: the Merry Cemetery owes its name to the wood-carved memorial crosses, not only decorated in vivid colors depicting the deceased in a cartoon like manner, the epitaphs candidly recite biographies of the deceased using limerick-style poetry. Next stop is Sighetul Marmatiei where a famous ethnographer, will take you into the magical world of Romanian folklore on your visit to the Village Museum. You’ll spend the evening in Viseul de Sus. Delight yourself with stories of the haunted houses of that area to better catch the spirit of this Halloween tour!
Thursday, Viseul de Sus - Sacel – Borgo Pass ( Pasul Tihuta- Fantanele) (142 km, 2h33min driving)Vampire tour show In Sacel you’ll make a truly necessary friend: Grigore Tulean, a famous wood-craftsman. He’ll teach us how to make the perfect wooden stake which, in Sighisoara, will be used in order to kill a vampire! Travel to Borgo Pass next and step into Jonathan Harker’s shoes. We’ll stay in Dracula’s Castle, a 3* hotel which was built in accordance to Bram Stokers imagination.
Friday, Borgo Pass – Sighisoara (198km, 3h25min driving)Aren’t you happy to see the light of the day again?! Drive to Sighisoara, the best preserved and still inhabited medieval citadel in Europe and a UNESCO heritage site, but probably most important for you it is Vlad Dracula's birth place! 20:00 It’s time for your Halloween party, put on your costume and get into the mood, this is the reason for your travel to Transylvania. Plenty of opportunities for you tonight: attend Vampiresa Hunting, enjoy Witchery Moments, performed by two famous magicians, witness the Ritual of Killing of the Living Dead, performed according to old Transylvanian folklore and listen to your guide’s good advice, and you might just escape without being impaled! The best Halloween party idea, don’t you think? If you survive, you’ll find refuge in a 3* hotel.
Saturday, Sighisoara – Bran (139 km, 2h 13 min driving)Getting up in the morning after a party is always a hard thing to do! That’s why we will have a late departure to Bran. After a tour of the medieval citadel of Sighisoara and visit of Clock Tower and Medieval Weapon collection drive to Bran and prepare for the last Halloween Party, a true marathon! 19:30 Attend the ultimate Halloween Party at Bran Castle - also known as Dracula's Castle! Enjoy an unforgettable night tour of Bran Castle, meet the Wicked Fairies and get lost in their euphoric dance along with a glass of local red wine. Feel amazing being part of a great and dynamic Halloween party in the courtyard of Bran Castle until 4:00 am. That is Dracula's Castle Halloween Party from Transylvania.
Sunday, Bran – Rasnov – Brasov ( 40 minutes driving)This peasant refuge, Rasnov fortress, 15 kilometres away from Brasov was built in order to defend the peasants in the surroundings. It has resisted a great number of sieges and only opened its gates to the invaders once, when the lack of water forced the defenders to give in. The 150 deep fountain inside the citadel tells a lot about this story of resistance. Drive to the medieval Saxon city of Brasov to visit the historic town center and its famous gothic Black Church, the best-known monument in the city. The edifice holds the largest organ in Europe, which was partially destroyed during the great fire of 1689. It was here, in the city of Brasov where Vlad led raids against the Saxon merchants.
Monday, Brasov – Fagaras- Sibiu (145 km, 2h 19 min driving)For a walk on the famous Bridge of Liars you’ll travel to Sibiu, a city with a wonderful medieval charm, excellent views of the surrounding landscape and great food. Accommodate in a 4* hotel. Enjoy a traditional dinner in one of the oldest restaurants in Sibiu.
Tuesday, Sibiu - Deva - Hunedoara - Arad (339 km, 4h driving)Today you’re invited to pay a visit to another legendary castle in Transylvania, Corvinesti Castle. Drive to Hunedoara where the legendary Corvinesti Castle is waiting for your visit. The greatest t Gothic style castle in Romania, Corvinesti was built in the 14th Century, and it was here that Vlad the Impaler, Dracula was brought up. Spend the evening in Arad, accommodation in a 4* hotel.
Wednesday, Arad - Szeged - Budapest ( 274 km 3h driving)Dracula Tour - Good bye party! The last day of your Halloween tour. Please allow yourself an extra 5 minutes in bed to think about your adventure in Dracula’s kingdom, wasn’t it soul captivating? Travel to Budapest, Hungary’s capital. On the way stop to Szeged also called Sun City, enjoy a city tour.. Accommodate in 3* hotel in Budapest, central located. During your farewell dinner your survivors’ certificate will be handed over, as well as the certificate proving that Transylvania does exist and it’s not quite the Utopia people imagine.
Thursday, AirportIt’s time to take your soul back home ... hopefully. Transfer to the airport for your return flight.
9 nights: 7 nights in 3* hotels, 2 nights in 4* hotels
All transfers inside the tour, by coach, minibus or car – air conditioned, depending on the number of travelers.
English speaking guide services.
9 breakfasts, 9 dinners (3 special dinners: Candle lit dinner in Dracula’s Castle, Festive Halloween dinner in Sighisoara, Saxon dinner in Sibiu) and wine tasting in Tokaj.
Entry fees to
Merry Cemetery in Sapinta, Village Museum in Sighet, famous craftsman Grigore Tulean, Dracula’s Castle, Clock Tower, Medieval Weapon Collection and Torture Room in Sighisoara, Bran Castle, Corvinestilor Castle in Hunedoara.
Halloween party in Sighisoara and special entertaining program, Halloween party at Bran Castle.
We are glad to let you know that you will receive a t-shirt from Transylvania Live, as a souvenir. Please provide us with your size.
- Plane ticket
- Airport fees
- Photo & video tax
- Other not mentioned
The final payment is due 60 days prior departure. ( After the final payment is made we will issue Travel Voucher). Should the booking be made within 60 days prior to tour departure, entire tour cost is requested at the time of booking. To read Transylvania Live’s Terms and Conditions, please visit us on line at: https://visit-transylvania.eu/terms.html .
The client is at all time entitled to cancel the Travel Contract, but must pay Transylvania Live - Expert in Transylvania a cancellation charge as stipulated below: 89 days or more prior to departure 90 EURO per person / per tour cancellation fee; 88–61 days, loss of deposit. 60–31 days will be subject to 50% of tour price; 30 days or less will be subject to 100% of tour price.
Please check with the airline company for limitations. Anyway is good to pack light, some of the hotels – historical buildings do not have elevators.
Our tours include the services of English-speaking guides. Other languages speaking guides are also available.
We do not provide individual tickets for rail, air, boat or ferry.
A minimum age of 8 years is required on non-family programs, unless otherwise indicated on the individual tour page. A client under 18 years of age and travelling alone during the tour period shall provide Transylvania Live with written consent of his/her guardian. Clients under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
We only accept VISA and MasterCard. Please select only these two types of credit cards for the online payment.
If you pay on-line using our secure internet booking form your credit card can hold any type of currency, the amount of money to be taken will be exchanged in EURO by your bank at their rate. We accept USD and EURO for offline credit card payment and wire transfer.
Yes, we do offer discounts provided they travel as a group. Contact us!
In the unfortunate case of a flight being lost or delayed and prevent you in this way from getting to your meting point in good time, please call 0040 723 565 255 or send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you travel alone you have to book the tour with a single supplement; if you wish to book a double room which you want to share with another traveller, we’ll do our best to make all arrangements, but in case this is not possible, you’ll have to pay the single supplement; however it is our strongest recommendation to book the tour with a single supplement when travelling alone.
Yes, also gluten-free, vegan. When you make the reservation of your tour please do not forget to fill in this information at Dietary Restrictions section.
To check the list of the countries that require a visa please see the web page of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2035
Local Costs in a 3* restaurant: Soft Drink: $1.3 ; Beer: $1.7; Bottle of Wine: $10 - $18, 3 course dinner: $15 - $ 20. In shops these products can be 50% cheaper.
ATMs are available in all the cities; near by hotels, our guide will come with good advice and recommendations.
Romania enjoys warm summers and cold winters. In summer, cool cottons are best and in the winter a warm jacket or alike is recommended. Autumn is dry and cool, with fields and trees producing beautifully colored foliage. The weather in October-November is very unpredictable, with daytime temperatures between 6°-17° Celsius (42.80 - 62.60 Fahrenheit), and night time temperatures between 3° - 10°Celsius (37.40 - 50 Fahrenheit); but it is very much possible that you will see some snowfall especially in the mountain areas.
Romanian time is EET (Eastern European Time, two hours ahead of GMT, seven hours ahead of New York and ten hours ahead of Los Angeles. Check right now what time is in Bucharest, the capital city of Romania: https://time.is/Bucharest
The dress code in Romania is the same as all over Europe (think France, Germany, UK or Italy). Wearing jeans, t-shirts/sweatshirts and athletic shoes is standard casual in Romanian. Plenty of designers’ shops are to be found in major cities: Bucharest, Cluj, Brasov, Sibiu, where people are more pretentious when it comes to their outfits. Dorobanti Boulevard in Bucharest can easily be compared to Champs Elysees in Paris when it comes to “fashionists” (costs are similar too). The malls are well supplied with designers’ clothes and with respect to the prices, a great deal of our clients found the Romanian costs to be more acceptable than the ones in US. With regards to the restaurants’ dress code, something casual is sufficient. You can wear whatever you would wear at home. To satisfy dress codes for churches and monasteries, men and women are requested to cover their arms and legs (no shorts above the knees or sleeveless garments).
The motorcycles are to be collected from our Motorcycle Rental Shop in Turda (40 km away from Cluj Napoca, 31A Razboieni Street, city of Turda). Return transfer from Cluj Napoca or Targu Mures Airports to the garage in Turda available on request for an additional charge.
Transfer from Cluj Napoca (or Targu Mures Airport) to Turda available at an extra cost
1 transfer: EURO 35
Return transfer: EURO 60
Transfers from other airports available on request.
Please let us know in advance should you require these services.
Every Adventure Motorcycle Tours rental includes:
– use of BMW R1200 GS, BMW F800GS, BMW F850GS or BMW G650 GS (single) motorcycles.
– The motorbikes are endowed with top case. Side cases available for rent at an extra cost.
– The Third party Liability in respect of motor vehicles is provided (which is the Compulsory Insurance against Civil liability).
– Unlimited mileage
– Chain lock or disk lock
– All of our motorcycles are passenger friendly. Pillion (passenger) free of charge
– Secure storage for your luggage for the rented period
Extra cost side bags:
2-3 days: EURO 20/day
4-6 days: EURO 17/day
7 – 14 days: EURO 14/day
Over 14 days: EURO 11/day
– Helmets available for rent (although we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort)
– CASCO insurance (comprehensive insurance providing full coverage in case of accident) - 20 € /rental day/motorcycle – A cash deposit of €500 for BMW G650GS or € 1500 for BMW F800GS and BMW 1200GS will be required for bike damage security or loss of accessories. The amount will be refunded at the end of the programme should the bike be returned on time, undamaged and with a full fuel tank.
It is recommended to purchase a travel insurance policy specially designed for adventure holidays.
At an additional cost services of support car and driver/mechanic are available. The mechanic will accompany you in order to ensure the motorcycle service and the security checks and to intervene in case of emergency.
Mechanic services: 90 EURO/day + accommodation and meals
Support car following you on your itinerary: 569 EURO/week + gasoline and parking fees
The support car will be driven by the mechanic. For some sectors pillions could travel in the support car, depending on pillions number and seats available.
A day of rental equals a calendar day, rental hours: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday, (and Saturday in low season).
The motor bike will be delivered to the hirer with a full tank of fuel, clean and in perfect state of functioning. The renter will return the bike in the same conditions along with its documents and accessories, at the end of the programme, at the time and place stipulated by the contract.
Vehicles returned with a less than full gas tank will be subject to a refueling charge. (€ 12 plus fuel cost will be charged.) Should the hirer return the bike unclean, the cost of the cleaning services will be applied.
The loss of tools/documents/ accessories will be also charged.
Yes, every motorcycle has a safety and mechanical inspection prior to every rental. We have trained technicians on premises. All motorcycles are maintained to manufacturers' specifications and our technicians are very well acquainted with all rented bikes. Your safety is our #1 priority.
Every renter is provided with an emergency telephone number at pick-up. In case of a mechanical breakdown our staff will arrange for towing to Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location or repair facility.
For all the bikes, the minimum age required is 21 years old. The client must hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license and a minimum 1 year of riding experience. The passenger must be over 14 years of age.
You must have a valid motorcycle license to rent a motorcycle from Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live. The license from your country is sufficient - you don't have to get an international drivers license.
GPS Garmin Zumo 350LM series are available for rental. Price depends on the number of days of rental.
2-3 days – EURO 18/day
4-6 days – EURO 16/day
7-14 days – EURO 13/day
Over 14 days – EURO 10/day
All models have power outlets built into the fairing that allow you to plug in your Global Positioning Unit.
Certain vehicles provide for lockable storage.
Rented motorcycles are permitted across the Romanian borders as long as the Motorcycle is returned to Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s rental location. However, Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s approval is compulsory. Please mention this request on the booking form.
Yes, Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location offers free, safe and secure storage of your luggage and personal items during your rental.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live can provide you with a side-car motorcycle on request. Please contact us for more details.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live has a good selection of helmets, gloves or rain suites for rent. Please note that the rental of these accessories depends upon availability. However we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort.
2-3 days – EURO 10 /day
4-6 days – EURO 8/ day
7-14 days – EURO 6/day
Over 14 days – EURO 5/day
Yes, for your own safety, and per Romanian law, both you and your passenger are required to wear a certified helmet at all times when you ride our motorcycle.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live has started in 1995 and continues to be closely managed by the founder.
Beginners should start with an entry level motorbike. BMW G 650 GS is the perfect choice.